Blogroll

Thursday 13 September 2012

Hopping on board

Here I am, at last, "on assignment!"
Despite being an avid blog reader, I never felt like having one, basically because I don't like to write for free, and long-suffering friends on Facebook already get a daily dose of my musings, rants and comedy.
I miss journalism, think it will always be my true calling. When I was first hired I wanted to pick up the phone and ask my friends: "remember how I pissed you off with my curiosity? Guess what, I am poking my nose anywhere I want and getting paid for it!"
For years, my partner has been nagging about the amount of time I "waste" on the Internet, arguing over movies and whatnot with other insomniacs and world leader wannabes.
 Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to blabber on in the cyber space .... for a living.
Boy, how I'll rub his face into it!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Journalism as a career and job is not as we once knew it. Even the revenue model for it is changing. Can you say "content farm"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess so. I'd be a perfect candidate anyway as according to wiki content writers are often educated women with children seeking supplemental income while working at home!

      Delete