Blogroll

Monday 29 October 2012

That's so ... insensitive




How to lose friends and alienate people, unleashing a torrent of outraged tweets, by having a laugh at OTHERS' expense during a natural disaster 
Lesson learned at social media class today on crisis communication. Wanted to delete these, but decided against it. They will stay on as note to self on what NOT to do.
"If you're clowning around, take a jibe at yourself first"
(I bet you 50 bucks I can frame this quote and attribute it to some great philosopher/prophet/politician/George Carlin and share on Facebook and noone will notice!)



2 comments:

  1. Ha! I posted the second one on my Facebook wall and apparently it was too soon. I received no 'likes' :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. understandably so! I just updated the post with what we learned in class yesterday.

      Delete